Monday, 21 December 2015

The Perfect Drugstore Red Lip

Hi everyone, planning this post was quite difficult for me as I wanted to keep to 5 lipsticks, I ended up with about 10 I had to narrow down. Most of the 10 I wanted to included were all from Revlon as I love all of they're different lipstick ranges, but I tried to make it more diverse covering different prices, so here are some of my favourite affordable reds!




The first one is one Maybelline and it's their Colorsensational in 530 Fatal Red. I would call this a very true red, really bright and vibrant. This also has a bit of a stain to it, so be careful when applying it, but I really like this part of it. It's really creamy and feels quite moisturising which is great. It's also really pigmented, so I sometimes just dab it one and blend it out for more of a tint.

If you haven't really ventured into the world of red lipsticks before and just want to try one out, the Natural Collection (Boots) lipsticks in Cherry Red because it's only £1.99 but it quite a nice true red, not as pigmented, but still really moisturising feeling. Natural Collection also do really inexpensive lip liners to go with it, as I'm not completely a fan on the shape of the lipstick bullet, but it's still a really great product.

This is where my love for Revlon lip products is made obvious, as the next three are all from them. Their Colorstay Ultimate Suede in 095 Finale is amazing. I have some other lipsticks from this range and they're all so creamy and just glide on your lips. This is quite a true vibrant red as well, which I love, and because it's so creamy, it's so easy to blend out for a sheer colour, but otherwise it is very pigmented.

One of the first ranges of lipsticks I ever loved was the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters, and 035 Candy Apple remains a favourite of mine! It's perfect for a glossier looking red. As it is glossier and creamier, it's lasting properties aren't as good but it feels so moisturising so you don't mind topping it up.

My final option, for the matte lovers like myself, is the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 240 Striking. You'd think being matte that they would be quite drying, but they actually feel quite moisturise and soft on the lips. They have a menthol sent which I quite like, and the whole matte range is amazing, especially some of their pinks and nudes. They definitely stain the lips, but the shape of the lipstick makes it easier to apply. This colour is slightly deeper than a true red, and is so highly pigmented. 

Thanks for reading, please leave your suggestions below!

Jasmine x 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig